Why work at YCC?
YCC Family Crisis Center is in its 78th year of serving Ogden and Northern Utah. The Victim Assistance Center provides support to individuals and families escaping abusive situations. This is an opportunity to join an outstanding team of dedicated professionals making a difference in the lives of our community. Join us in our mission to save and change lives!
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director, assist in the day-to-day business activities of YCC. Act as a liaison with staff, public and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Executive Director, staff, and volunteers in the day-to-day operation of YCC.
- Assist Executive Director with preparation for meetings, correspondence, general tasks.
- Maintain a presence at the front desk to greet the public and clients. Answer and route phone calls to appropriate people.
- Recruit, train, and supervise administrative and general volunteers, including groups.
- Assist Finance Manager with monthly tasks such as credit card reconciliations.
- Log in-kind and financial donations into the donor database.
- Prepare daily bank deposits as needed.
- Accept and organize donations, including maintenance of the south basement area.
- Assist with special events and projects as needed.
- Order and manage office supplies, YCC letterhead and envelopes.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing daily mail and postage.
- Maintain a tidy and organized main office area.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures stated in the Employee Handbook and any applicable Policy and Procedure Manual.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all staff, vendors, customers and external partners.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish speaking, preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy including MS Office products: Word, Excel.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred.
- Exceptional time-management, planning, and administrative skills.
- High degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive, and friendly attitude.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit for long periods of time; use a computer to enter data; use telephone to converse with customers and employees.
- The employee is regularly required to: perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement, feel the attributes of objects, grasp, push, and reach with arms or hands.
- Must be able to occasionally move objects of 15 lbs.
YCC is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a diverse staff. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnicity, and perspective are more likely to be high functioning. We believe that creating an environment where everyone belongs and can do their best work is the right thing to do for our employees, our clients and our community.
All employment at YCC is considered “at will”; meaning employment is subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. At the same time employees may terminate their employment at any time for any reason.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Employee assistance program
Work Location: In person